It was burnt down in 1345 and was subsequently rebuilt. It was called King’s Mill, and was owned by the former royal Manor of Odiham, and subsequently by successive Lords of the Manor until 1920. Sections of the present building date from the 17th century.
The first known miller to operate the mill was John Hooker in 1615, and it was last used as a corn mill in 1895, when the then miller, Sydney Loader, was described as an il cake and manure merchant”.
The mill became a residential property in the early 20th century, and was sold with the rest of the manor in 1920, at which time it was restored. It became the Mill House restaurant in the early 1990’s, and the mill wheel was restored in 1995.

